Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sweating Buckets

Well summer hit with a vengeance this weekend.  My holiday ride in 90 degree temperatures produced volumes of sweat even when I was riding at low speeds.  Summer may be the hardest time for cycling in the south, especially if you see your bike as a means of transportation and not just as a means of exercise in the early morning and late afternoon.  Midday trips to the grocery store can leave you feeling less than fresh.  So what to do?  For my part I tend to just deal with it.  I have no qualms about walking into a store dripping with sweat.  You’ll find that being sweaty isn’t the end of the world.  The worst thing that will happen is that you’ll get a few dirty looks from people who look like they don’t know the meaning of the word exercise.  I won’t lie between the heat and the hills, summer cycling can be a challenge in Atlanta but it’s a challenge that can be overcome with the right attitude.

 

No comments: