Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I should have left well enough alone

My old saddle was showing its age.  It still worked fine but it looked like crud, so I bought a new one attached it and then took it out for a ride.  It only took a few minutes to realize that in the installation I had wacked my seat so far out of adjustment that it just wasn’t comfortable.  So I got off the bike and started making adjustments 24 hours later the seat still isn’t right.  I consider myself a fairly competent bike mechanic but this is giving me fits.  Late last night I thought I had fixed the problem but then on the ride in this morning I felt a distinct numbness in the groin.  So I’ll be doing some minor adjustments before I leave for home and hopefully this won’t be a reoccurring problem.

No comments: