Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Ride to Remember

Showing more enthusiasm than sense, I rode yesterday in the worst rain Atlanta's seen in quite a while. The trip into work was wet but uneventful, the trip home on the other hand was like no other.

By 3:30 flooding had taken place in many lowing lying areas, and I found potential routes home blocked by not one but two overflowing creeks. I briefly considered attempting to wade across a flooded bridge but thankfully disregarded the idea. Then there was a mudslide being dutifully cleared by a single police officer armed only with a shovel, a couple of dead ends as I attempted to find a new route, and three wonderful car drivers who stopped to see if I wanted a ride.

Two hours later I reached home wet, exhausted, and smiling.

1 comment:

Eric A. said...

Stay safe!