Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Encounters

I was having a great ride this morning. It was cooler than normal which encouraged me to ride hard and fast all the way to work. Unfortunately when I got to the last light before my office everything changed. As I pulled up to the light I took the lane and waited for it to change. A few seconds later a Toyota Tacoma pick-up pulled behind me and in my opinion a little close to my rear wheel. When the light turned green I hammered my way across the intersection, taking the lane the whole way because once I cross the street I have to take an immediate left. Then I hear the pick-up's engine gunning, it sounds like he's flooring it. He swerves around me and left hooks me before my turn. As he turns he shouts out the window that I should get an f***** car and takes off down the street. I don't know why this set me off, maybe it's because I still had plenty of adrenaline from the ride, but I was literally ready to fight the guy.

I don't understand what was bothering this guy. I was at the light before he arrived. I hammered my way across the intersection and the speed limit on these roads is only 25 at most waiting behind me would have delayed the guy by 5 or 10 seconds, but he still felt the need to yell at me.

 

No comments: