Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ouch!

Last night after Easter Dinner, me the kids, and the inlaws were playing a little ball. I hit a dribbling line drive toward 2nd and took off toward first base. That's when my non-athletic daughter decided she was going to try and tag me out. So I had the choice of bowling her over or stopping short. I stopped, or at least I tried to stop that's when bad things happened. My ankle was nice and swollen but had subsided somewhat by this morning.

Rather than push my luck I did the long drive to work this morning in the rain. People ask how you can bike to work, I want to know how you can drive. It was awful, rain, traffic, accidents. I was more tired when I got to work than when I left home.

3 comments:

idahorider said...

Blew my knee out in march. I'm not sure when I will be back on the bike. Driving to work sucks!

idahorider said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Old Bag said...

Agreed! Driving just isn't relaxing and introspective, and getting home at the end of the day is oddly different.