Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How Far Is Too Far

A friend asked just how far is too far to ride. My answer is simple, if you have enough time there's no such thing as too far. I then introduced him to Crazy Guy on a Bike. He was blown away. That's when I realized that to many people the idea of bicycle touring is a foreign as communal living. So I'm trying to get him to join me on a short overnight tour, just to see how doable it is. I'm convinced if more people tried bicycle touring there would be a lot more bicycle tourists.

1 comment:

SD_pedalpower said...

Agreed. Touring or traveling by bike can be epic. How many memories do we have of driving a car 400 miles?

400 miles by bike and the memories will last almost as long as the stories do about the 400 mile trip :)