Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stupid Ad

This morning while I was getting ready for work I saw an incredibly stupid ad on the television.  It basically consisted of a businessman in a suit and tie riding a pink children’s bike down the road and then pulling into a parking garage, followed by the tag “Need something.”  What made this ad especially stupid was the words that appeared at the bottom of the screen as the man pulled into the parking garage, “Do not attempt.”  What the hell does this mean?  Do not attempt to ride a kid’s bike; don’t tell that to the Zoobombers.  Do not attempt to ride a bike in a suit; don’t tell that to the Dutch.  Do not attempt to ride a bike into a parking garage; don’t tell that to me.  Everyday I commute to work by bicycle I ride into the parking garage where our two bike racks are located.  Maybe the message is do not attempt to ride a bike if you’re an adult, you really need a car.  In fact on reflection I’m sure that’s it.    

No comments: