Bicycling in and around Atlanta.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's few things better than Atlanta in the Spring. The combination of nice weather and high gas prices have led to a noticeable increase in bicyclist along my route. Last Friday I counted four on my way to work.

Now don't get me wrong I love seeing more people biking to work, but do you really need nice weather and high gas prices to get you out on the bike. Consider this, on my bike my commute takes about one hour. In the car with traffic it's about 45 minutes. So I spend 15 minutes more getting to work, but I get an extra hour of exercise. Oh and it doesn't cost a cent.

3 comments:

Gike said...

glad to hear this is a good time to cycle in ATL...we are coming down from Green Bay April 4 - 13. We have found rides everyday/night in your area. What are areas we should avoid?

amidnightrider said...

Good weather and high gas prices may in the very least, get someone started on a life of biking.

The nice weather is a welcome relief for us up north. (When ever it arrives). It's not bad up here but not really nice though.

Evan said...

Gike,
There's if you're staying intown there's really few no-go zones. You'll see a fair amount of bikes between downtown and midtown as a lot of GSU students use them to get around. If you're out in the burbs I would avoid the major arterial roads as most have no shoulder and aren't bike friendly.